Hey everyone. Don't ask me how this happened, but there was a point this evening where snippets from a documentary were playing in my head. I think it was either Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin or Abbott & Costello. Anyway, there was a point where I remember hearing "they could do no wrong" and that rubbed me the wrong way a little bit.
I know that the intent behind this statement is that everything was going so well and in this case, every project became wildly popular and a financial success. However, I don't think "they could do no wrong" does the people in question justice.
My first thought was "well, of course they could do wrong". A comedian could half-ass a show or not develop new material, yet the person is pushing themselves to be at full force, which can often correspond to the peak of a career. So, being unable to do wrong feels like it negates the hard work that was done.
So yeah, that was a random thought from today. The day itself wasn't that exciting, hence the random entry. Hope everyone had a good start to the week. Tomorrow will be Public Service Day, Pink Flamingo Day, and to the delight of all the children... Let it GOOOOOOOOOOO! Day. The cold never bothered me anyway, and whatnot.
DFTBA
Monday, June 22, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment