There are days when I think about a topic to blog about and I let the topic roll around in my head for a while. Then, when I sit down and pull up the 'new post' page, I don't even know where to start. Other times, I think, "well, this was a fun thought" and don't see it being that worthwhile to hash through again, considering how it would take to type out. I think part of that comes from letting my blog be the last thing I do before I go to bed. So, I have this cool idea but I don't know where to start because I know that I'm encroaching on my own sleep schedule.
I don't know, I've kind of had this recently. I can also tell that I've placed myself in the "pre-deadline" funk with grad school projects. To be honest, it feels somewhat similar to last weekend, and I'm scared that this is going to be a weekly thing. Part of the funk manifests itself in not doing a good portion of the work days ahead of time, so now I have a critique due Sunday at 11:59pm and not much structured or planned out.
At this point, I feel like I am turning into a broken record with this blog because I feel like I talk about the same things repetitively. There's the self-consciousness and overwhelming feeling of establishing balance. There's the concern that I'm not good enough for grad school. To those of you out there who are getting annoyed by reading the same things over the past month, I feel you, because I'm annoyed with feeling them this often. My big thing that I'm truly thankful for is that, when work is done, I just have to worry about myself. I mean, yes, family and friends are still important and I'm still trying to find that balance to still have a personal life, but I don't have to worry about tending to a child or even a pet. On the other hand, maybe having that accountability keeps other students on track because they have to break themselves out of funks sooner and more often.
Fair warning, tomorrow may be some type of spewing like this too. Throw it into the pile of similar blog posts, I guess.
Tomorrow will be D-Day, Drive-In Movie Day, Russian Language Day, Drawing/Pencil Day, and Turtle Races Day.
DFTBA
Friday, June 5, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment