Thursday, June 11, 2015

A stories of first(s)

I think we all have those days where we do a thing and think "When I woke up this morning, I would not have guessed that I would have done the thing for the first time today". Well, today was one of those days, and the thing was using a selfie stick. With it being the second day of the Orientation Session 1, we had a resource fair in the lobby of one the main buildings on campus. Many different organizations filled the lobby with info tables including some campus departments, student organizations, and the community organization for the town. The lady who was there wanted to have everyone use the selfie stick and she would put them on the group's Facebook page.

PLOT TWIST! (Even I didn't realize this was coming!) So I just went through the Facebook page of said organization and the photo of a housing colleague and me wasn't there. So not only did I use a selfie stick for the first time ever today, I also failed at using a selfie stick for the first time ever today. You know what they say - if at first you don't succeed, you might not know exactly how to operate a stick with a button on it. On the other hand, maybe the photo was so awesome, they just couldn't put it up online. You know what they say - if at first you don't succeed, you may have actually won so much that you broke Facebook. Or maybe 44 has special value to the woman who was there which is why she only uploaded 44 photos to Facebook. You know what they say - if at first you don't succeed, you should probably just turn the computer off and go to bed.

I think that's a good piece of advice at the end there, so I'm going to follow it. As a heads up, tomorrow will be Loving Day, National Jerky Day, National Peanut Butter Cookie Day, and Superman Day! Hoo-rah!

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment