Hey everyone. One week of RA Training down... I can't really say "one to go" because the first-year students are moving in between now and Thursday and halls are kicking into gear at different points throughout the week. However, I can clearly say that one week of training is done.
Overall, I'm really happy with how training is going. The students that I've talked with have liked how each session is meaningful in one way or another (rather than being a waste of time). Basically all of our outside presenters have been on the ball in terms of delivering informative but also entertaining sessions. Plus, I'm looking forward to spending more time with my building staff over the year, because there is already a team energy that is forming.
Of course, there are always way to improve the experience, ranging from considerations to definite thoughts where "this needs to change for next year". Hopefully that conversation can happen soon so we all have a chance to say what's on our minds before we start to get bogged down with fall semester business and forget.
I know it's not too exciting to read about someone else's work, but I also thought it would be worthwhile to have a little check-in. Tomorrow is more of a general workday, so it's less rigorous, but there is still plenty to do. Tomorrow is also Valentino Day & Go Topless Day. Apparently Go Topless Day is the Sunday closest to Women's Equality Day, which is the 26th.
DFTBA
Saturday, August 22, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment