Hey everyone. I'm still grappling with it not fully feeling like the cusp of the fall semester... when it's the night before the huge first-year move-in day. Fortunately, I'll have an easier time than other first-year halls since half of my students are already moved in. Anyway, it's just weird to think that we'll suddenly be thrown back into the mix of the year and their classes start on Monday. (My next grad class starts the following Monday so I'll have a little more time to get settled into the year.)
My highlights today definitely included food. I took my staff out to lunch and had some really informative conversations about future innovations like slowing down the aging process and electric cars. The President's faculty/staff dinner was tonight and it was a fun experience, even though some of the HD group got split up between a couple tables. Even having end-of-the-summer celebratory ice cream cake with my summer staff was a nice way to end the day. In all of these cases, it was nice to have conversations that didn't focus on the logistics of tomorrow. Obviously, there's a lot on the horizon, but there were still times to talk about other stuff and make jokes.
Since tomorrow will be an early and very long day, I should get some rest. Tomorrow will be The Duchess Who Wasn't Day... so that's a thing. Also, here are my thoughts about tomorrow: One Day More (Unfortunately, my blog is having issues inserting videos, so you'll have to click the link.)
DFTBA
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment