Hey everyone. It's Random Tuesday and I felt like dusting off an old idea for today's blog. Specifically, 15 Truths. The list below contains 15 truths and 5 lies. Try to figure out which ones don't quite pan out and I'll post the answers tomorrow.
Enjoy!
1. It took me a year, but I finally got everything in order with switching all of my personal affairs (license, addresses, etc.) from Missouri to Wisconsin.
2. I recently started grad school through an online program in the UW system.
3. My apartment has enough shelves to fit my movies and board games with room to spare.
4. I've connected with a group of tabletop gamers from a place called Gnome Games and we (usually) get together to play games at least once a week.
5. I've eaten from three different Chinese restaurants that are close to campus.
6. When it comes to StrengthsQuest, I have a colleague with whom we share three of our top five strengths, including the same top one.
7. My top strength from StrengthsQuest is Harmony.
8. If you picked a random resident from my building, the student would most likely be a male first-year athlete.
9. Not counting cities I drove through, I haven't explored any new areas outside of the Green Bay area yet. Still on my list.
10. The story goes that my building has a ghost of a young boy who fell down the elevator shaft during the building's construction.
11. The game I've played the most with my student staff has been Rock Band 3.
12. Last fall, I got to sit on my building's balcony and watch a fireworks show happening right in front of me from the river.
13. The duty phone the Hall Directors use is named Bill.
14. I'm the only Hall Director not from Wisconsin originally.
15. During the spring, my building's fire alarm system was faulty and it went off four times in three days.
16. I got to be an interviewer at the Oshkosh Placement Exchange, which is where I went as a candidate to interview with schools twice (my senior year of college & last year).
17. Even though I've only been here for a year, I've gotten two styles of business cards (one is horizontal, one is vertical). You can say I'm pretty fancy.
18. Two of my RAs from the fall both studied abroad in Australia in the spring.
19. One of my old students from Missouri is studying in Appleton, so we're planning some time this year to visit each other.
20. Despite the challenges and difficult experiences, I'm glad I left Missouri to work here at St. Norbert College.
Obviously I know some of these have been alluded to in earlier entries, but hey, it's all part of the fun. Tomorrow's holidays include Milkman Day, Sewing Machine Day, & World Elephant Day.
DFTBA
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment