Hey everyone. As I've self-identified in previous Random Tuesday posts, I have a difficult time picking a favorite from a category. This is especially challenging when I have a lot of things I like in a category, like movies or musicals. So, I used that as inspiration for today's blog. I can't promise I'll have one favorite thing, but hey, that's what this experience is about. With that said...
What is your favorite...?
~ romantic comedy
IMDb considers it one of the most popular romance-comedy feature films, so I'll say The Princess Bride.
~ national park
So, funny story. I looked through the list of national parks, and I realized I haven't been to any of them. If we include state parks, it would be a tossup between Lake Bemidji & Itasca.
~ type of weather
This is definitely season-dependent, but warm-ish with some cloud coverage and a nice breeze.
~ foreign accent
The first one that jumped to mind is Irish.
~ winter olympic sport
Hockey
~ halloween costume that you've worn
Luke Skywalker since it included a lightsaber
~ breakfast cereal
I'm sure they have way too much sugar, but Quaker Honey Graham Oh's.
~ toy from childhood
Definitely a toss-up between my Star Wars action figures and Lego sets.
~ pie
If it's homemade, I'm up for pretty much anything. If it's store-bought, pumpkin or something with chocolate.
~ old article of clothing
I have a couple of old t-shirts from college that I mainly use for pajamas
~ flower
Lilacs no question
~ movie musical
Well, you had to go there, although I appreciate that you specified movie musical rather than musical in general. Hmm. Going with my gut - West Side Story.
~ vegetable
Carrots or broccoli, both cooked.
~ unnecessary gadget of yours
It broke beyond repair recently, but a wireless mouse for my work laptop.
~ schoolyard game from childhood
In terms of a game others would know, probably four square.
~ bar
Shout House in Minneapolis which is a dueling piano bar. Definitely one of the easiest questions on this list.
~ 'battle scene' from a movie
I think I'll always have a spot for the triple battle scene in Return of the Jedi with an emphasis on the space battle outside/inside the second Death Star.
~ music to get your groove on
Classic rock is my go to answer, but there's room for funk, ska, or pop.
~ way to travel
Flying, best enjoyed when I'm not on a schedule but still want to get to my destination quickly.
~ cause
Environmental awareness/sustainability. I know I'm not the best at it, but it's definitely my favorite cause.
~ candy bar
Well, my go-to when I want to fill up my candy jar is Take 5.
~ thing about your work
There are a wide range of responsibilities, but they can all be traced to our core mission (supporting students and helping them succeed in college).
~ restaurant you frequent regularly
Buffalo Wild Wings
~ cafe
Again, not good at narrowing these questions down to one, but I will at least narrow it to three: Bad Waitress (Mpls), Cafe Latte (St Paul), and C'est Si Bon (Bexley).
~ subject/class from high school
Math & Music. Duh.
~ horror movie
I'm not a fan of pure horror, but if you're talking horror comedy, I'll go with Army of Darkness or Zombieland.
~ photo of yourself (describe)
I was able to pull off a triple shot where I'm a spy with a Nerf gun hiding from two other versions of myself. You probably know which one I'm talking about.
~ musical instrument
Going off of what to listen to... French horn, oboe, or trumpet.
~ band to see live
I've only seen a few bands live, so if I'm limited to that, Trans-Siberian Orchestra hands down.
~ video game
Really? This is how you end it? I could argue between a handful of games for a long time, but I'll just say the Ezio trilogy with Assassin's Creed II.
Well, that was a nice list that covered a variety of topics. (I did trim some out for time and appropriateness.) I realized I messed up the holiday again yesterday. Today was National Chocolate Chip Day and Single Working Women's Day, while tomorrow is the actual date for National Oyster Day and National Underwear Day. I get those confused since I'm often writing my blog after midnight and forgetting to correct the date back in my mind. Anyway, don't mix oysters and underwear!
DFTBA
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment