Friday, August 28, 2015

Productivity is on the horizon

Hey everyone. Okay, so I'm not going to talk about work today. I was able to run some errands tonight and I feel like I actually have time to do stuff on my own again. I was sitting here a half hour ago and realizing that the only thing I really need to do tomorrow is go to my car appointment. Otherwise, I can do whatever I want.

Of course, I think this freedom comes with a price. Since I have more time, I need to make sure that I am putting that time to good use. Recently, there have been too many days where my personal time is spent on YouTube or more generally, in front of my computer doing stuff that's not that significant. I mean, sure, it can be a way to relieve stress and catch up on my Watch Later playlist on YouTube (you probably don't want to know how long it is), but I want to be doing more.

I'm definitely not out of ideas on things to do. I can actually write letters to people, read the many untouched books on my shelves, or clean my apartment which is clearly in a state of post-move-in. Heck, even picking up Assassin's Creed III would at least progress me along that story.

The unfortunate thing is that I sell myself short. The first thing people think of with this phrase is that I underestimate my strengths & qualities, which is something I do. However, I also underestimate the time I have in a day to make some of those ideas a reality. Stress relief can come in a variety of formats. Plus, once my next grad school class starts in a week, I'll have that to throw back into the mix. Anyway, I need to be more deliberate about my projects. I've considered talking about project progress on this blog, but I would also feel like that would be annoying after a while.

I know I've had this feeling many times before, but I think this is another reset date. A day where I think "I need to change and just start over again". It's not a bad thing that the thought comes to mind, although it would be nice if the thought would inspire me indefinitely. Chalk it up to human nature, however, not to mention general exhaustion from hectic times of the year. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm ready to move forward.

Tomorrow will be International Day Against Nuclear Tests, National Whiskey Sour Day, and More Herbs, Less Salt Day.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment