Friday, January 2, 2015

Belated Happy New Year 2014… 15!

*looks at last blog entry*

Well, this blog has definitely seen better days. I have clearly dropped the ball for… over a year. Yikes. Anyway! As is customary/typical around this time, I was looking back to the past year as well as forward to what I want 2015 to look like. Almost like I was making resolutions, but that’s nonsense. So, one of my resolutions goals for this year is to get back into blogging, ideally on a daily basis. In fact, I’ve thought of a number of lofty goals for myself this year:

-       Read 52 books
-       Complete a “2015 Reading Challenge” I saw online (which includes reading “a book set in a different country” and “a book with a color in the title”). I’ll post a link to that at some point
-       Write 52 different people (not just 52 letters to a handful of people)
-       Cook 52 new dishes
-       Get into exercising (the one least connected to the number 52)
-       Vlog again on a weekly basis

To be honest, I’m not sure if I’ll stick with all of these goals, but at the same time, I want to change things in a number of ways that these goals represent.

I’ll have to look at old blog posts to remember how much I’ve shared, but things have definitely changed from the last blog entry since I’ve changed jobs, schools, and towns of residence. I’m in Eastern Wisconsin rather than Northwest Missouri, which is notably closer to my parents, college friends, and my girlfriend. I am an real life, actual, 100% Hall Director compared to the previous position was a hybrid of Hall Director, RA, Academic Advisor, Club/Organization Advisor, chauffeur, etc. The old and new schools are around the same size, but I’m living in a much larger city/metro area so I’m closer to more restaurants, entertainment options, stores, etc. As you could probably guess, I’m on Christmas break in between semesters, and my first semester was challenging at times, but it definitely felt like a step in the right direction.


For the first post in a while, this feels like a good place to stop for right now. I was in Ohio yesterday (without much time to write and post a blog post) and flew to the Cities this morning to see college friends over the next couple days. A lot of them are still up north for the New Year’s “take over a cabin in the forest” party, but I’m staying with some very generous friends tonight. Tomorrow’s plans are up in the air, but hopefully will connect with other good friends. Anyway, I’ll wrap it up here. You should be hearing from me tomorrow. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment