Well, as I mentioned yesterday, today was my last day of Winter Break before heading back to work. Instead of the spring semester, campus has a three-week J-term session, so that means I'll have some time to take care of random projects and such before everyone comes back (and before the RAs return for spring training). Things felt a little different this year because I took vacation time to be away from work, rather than my last job's contract which basically said "when the students leave for Thanksgiving/Christmas/Spring Break/summer, you can leave for a good portion of that same time".
Today was pretty low-key: a late brunch with my friends before getting on the road to come back here. After getting all of my belongings/presents/whatnot inside, I made it a lazy night of half-unpacking, half-relaxing, and Toppers (pizza). I'm glad I found a job that was a little closer to the Twin Cities because the drive is now 4.5-5 hours compared to 6-7 hours when I was in Missouri. It's not a *huge* difference, but still noticeable. It definitely makes it possible to plan weekend visits in the Cities and only maybe take a couple of hours off of work on Friday afternoon. Of course, my parents live another 4-5 hours north of the Cities so having a drive that's 2 hours shortly is definitely nice.
I'm still mulling over New Year's resolutions and figuring out which ones I want to stick out for the year. Even if I don't accomplish some magic number, I feel ready to make a bunch of changes this year for the better.
The morning will come quickly, so it is that time again. Have a great start of the week!
Sunday, January 4, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment