Like I talked about yesterday, I had a couple of "traditions" in my previous blogging stint. Besides a daily shout-out to a fitting holiday, I also had Random Tuesdays. Tuesdays were really busy days at my old positions so I had the blogs on Tuesday be a little more random rather than discussing grand concepts of the universe (because, you know, I like to keep things classy here). Here in my current role, I hold a staff meeting on Tuesday nights with my RAs, so I thought it would be nice to bring Random Tuesdays back into the mix.
Of course, the spring semester doesn't start for another couple weeks, so while today was a long day of work, it is late, so I'm just going to jump into the randomness.
10 Things I Learned in 2014 (or at least I'm pretty sure it was new to me)
1. The Green Bay Packers don't have a professional cheerleader squad. Instead, cheerleaders from local universities cheer for the Packers on game days.
2. Cooking a turkey breast in the oven is surprisingly simple. A whole turkey though? Yeah, not going to happen anytime soon.
3. When moving out of an apartment, consider leaving the TV at least towards the middle of the packing so you can have TV or movies as background noise.
4. Indianapolis has an amazing collection of outdoor art at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
5. There is a restaurant chain exclusively in the Phoenix area that specializes in chicken & waffles (Lo-Lo's). I was not expecting to have amazing chicken & waffles in the Southwest.
6. It's tough to pull out a snippet of knowledge, but I am much more familiar with the inside of the Detroit airport now.
7. After it was used in the filming of A Christmas Story, but before it was converted in a replica of the movie house & museum for the movie, the tenants of the Christmas Story house used to repair motorcycles in the living room.
8. It's entirely possible that one of the reasons I have my current job is that I talked about being a nerdfighter in my first interview with my now-coworkers.
9. Going to a hibachi grill is unlike any other dinner experience you'll have.
10. Moving to a new state the same year that your sister moves four states away from home can be scary and exciting, but sometimes that's what you need to push your lives in the right direction.
Today's holiday nod goes to January being National Hot Tea Month, since I'm trying to drink more tea instead of cocoa, which I successfully did at dinner tonight.
DFTBA!
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment