Thursday, January 8, 2015

Today's thoughts are shocking!

First off, I am happy to report that today was definitely a better day than yesterday and I feel like I'm back on the upward slope of that metaphorical roller coaster, at least for now.

You want to know what's on my list of worse side effects of winter? Okay, besides frigid cutting winds and people losing the ability to drive... Static electricity. Ever since I got back from Christmas break, static electricity has been running rampant in my bedroom. Just pulling the sheets over me at night gives me a front row seat to a music and light show. What was really ridiculous was walking from the living room into the bedroom this afternoon and feeling hairs on my arms and head stand up on end as soon as I stepped through the doorway. My usual remedy is to knock my fist against the little screw right under the light switch. That way, the general action of lightly hitting it takes away from the pinprick of the static.

I know that this is all stemming from the cold dry weather and the warm dry heat registers, so I know this will be happening for the next few months. I picked up a can of static cling spray, although the intended target seems to be clothing rather than bedding or an entire room. I don't have any sort of humidifier, but I'm not sure if that's allowed in the campus housing policy. So, any other ideas on how to combat the static electricity would be greatly appreciated.

Static electricity is kind of a weird topic to focus on for the day, but at the same time, it's still helping provide experience with writing on a daily schedule. Like I said yesterday, I still have some ideas that I want to flesh out into blogs, but I would need to start blogging earlier in the day. Oops. Fortunately, it'll be Friday (which is kind of sudden, at least to me), which means I'll have the weekend to catch up on stuff and get a jump on some of the resolutions I haven't started yet. Sleep is calling my name, so off I go. Have a good one!

(Oh, the daily holiday. Well, I guess I can highlight "Show and Tell Day at Work" since I got a package from my mother and opened it before a staff meeting. I did actually show off a couple things, like the page-a-day calendar that's now in my office.)

(Okay, I was just about ready to click "Publish" for this entry and I see that *tomorrow* is National Static Electricity Day... COME ON! So... I won't claim that holiday for tomorrow, but you can consider this me making sure you knew about tomorrow's holiday... I suppose... stupid static electricity.)

DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment