Tuesday, January 13, 2015

YouTube Throwback!

Hey everyone! Welcome back to another Random Tuesday. Once again, I should keep this short, so here goes.

Earlier, I was talking with my girlfriend about old videos on sites like Newgrounds and AlbinoBlackSheep. Since people were figuring out the Internet and things like Flash animation, there are a lot of classic animated comedy videos that popped up during that time. "The end of the world", "The Ultimate Showdown (of Ultimate Destiny)", "The Badger Song", etc. Yes, I bet you didn't think today would be a blast from the past, aka the 2000s.

So, I wanted to highlight some random videos that I stumbled upon when I was first exploring the Internet. They may not be as well-known as the ones I mentioned above, but I still like them.

Warning - several of these videos include inappropriate language and material.

1. Super Mario Brothers - Frustration - Incredibly challenging user-created levels of Super Mario Bros. infuriate a player (Warning: lots of swearing)

2. GI JOE Parody Video Collection (Part 1) - Redubbed parodies of GI JOE Public Service Announcements

3. THE LAZER COLLECTION - A collection of short clips that all are influenced by a very old meme: "Shoop da whoop" or "Imma firing my laser!". Yeah... just go with me on this one.

4. Hardcore Super Mario Brothers 2! - A very hardcore abbreviated play-through of Super Mario Brothers 2

5. Palpatine looks for a job. - Following the events of Return of the Jedi, a now out-of-work Emperor Palpatine seeks the help of a temp agency to find a new job. The Emperor likes to quote himself a lot.

There are other videos that also came to mind, but I think I'll keep this list at a short 5 and I may post some other links in future posts.

As for the holiday, today is Public Radio Broadcasting Day. Unfortunately, I forgot about this while working in the central office today, but I will occasionally pull up the web broadcast of NPR or MPR (Minnesota) as a nice way to break the silence and keep me on task.

DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment