Hey everyone. Today was a pretty long day. It was the first day of Totus Tuus (which I'm still just calling VBS, a.k.a. Vacation Bible School) and overall, it went pretty well. I can already tell that the youth minister is glad that I'm volunteering and I think I've been making a good first impression with people. My main responsibility is the 20+ 2nd through 4th graders, which is certainly different from my normal Academy life. The kids are very rambunctious and I will admit that there was a point this afternoon where I thought "well, I'm ready to go home now" a couple hours ahead of schedule. Don't worry - I stayed the whole time. It was just a thought.
After VBS, I came back and was in my apartment for about a half-hour before class. Yay five-hour night class! The class was all student-led discussion panels and activities, so it was pretty fun. (I also made sure to start the night with the "I'm here, so I might as well enjoy my evening" mindset.) It was a little difficult to stay focused the whole time, especially with all of the presentations happening over ITV rather than in the actual room... but I made it through and spent the last part of my day talking with people and doing an article review for class.
Tomorrow will also be a long-ish day, but it will go VBS, SO Bowling, and then class assignments. Here's to reading chapters in the textbook quickly!
Talk to you later. DFTBA.
Monday, June 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment