Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mini-Invasion Weekend

So, I know that I haven't published full entries for Friday and Saturday, but I felt like just focusing on today's post at the moment. It's certainly weird to think that tomorrow is July. That means my classes are wrapping up, I'll be going back to Minnesota, and pretty soon, the year will be starting back up again.

Well, the most exciting thing today was that I had some alumni visit me. The three guys had been camping in Kansas City and were coming back to town since they all either live in Maryville or they are originally from the area. We ended up playing a game of Omega Virus (which is awesome - thank you Grandma D!) and then going to Carson's for dinner. One of the guys needed to get up to Lincoln tonight, so they didn't hang out after dinner.

The three guys that visited were all from my first batch of first-years, so they have all been out in the world for a couple of years now. We talked about old times, but the thing that got me is that they are starting to turn 21. I'm not sure why that gets me though. I mean, I asked them how much time they had left in their undergrad and wasn't phased when they all said "one year". I think it's just weird to think about them being adults and going to a bar compared to when I knew them as first-years. (Before anyone asks, yes, I did really feel this way when my residents from Middlebrook were turning 21 as well.)

TC

I did do some dishes and some stuff for class as well. I already let off some steam earlier, but going over the chapter about gifted students and then the stuff on eCompanion hit one of my nerves because the Missouri Academy was never mentioned once. It's like "Hello, we have this awesome program that makes for a great study when talking about accelerated programs for gifted high school students!" and nothing. I think back to times when we didn't feel the most supported by or connected with other departments on campus. *grumble grumble*

Tomorrow is my last Issues in Education class. I do have to examine some survey results and take care of my diversity hours paperwork, but other than that, I'm done with that class. Intro to Special Ed has a little more work to do this week, but I hope to take care of it all in the next three days. Here's hoping, right?

TC

Alright, time to go get some sleep. Have a good one! DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment