Today felt like a hodgepodge day, but a good type of hodgepodge (at least for the most part). The most important thing was that I met with my new education adviser and everything looks in order for me to take two classes in the June session (which starts next week). My adviser was the first person I took a class from a couple of years ago and while she may be new to advising this specific masters, I am already thankful to be working with her. I still need to work with my math adviser, so that side is more up in the air. (Also, fingers crossed, but my education adviser said that my math grad level courses from my undergrad *might* work for my concentration area credits here. It's definitely a big might, but I'll be quite happy if it's true.)
After that, I ran some errands including collecting information about smartphone plans. Since I don't really use my own personal line that much and there are some changes on the horizon with work phones, I wanted to see what options there were for having just one line. Fortunately, some of the options seemed quite simple. On Tuesday, I learned that the My Favorite Muffin in town is closing this week. It's very sad news although given that Maryville has drastic population changes based on if it's the school year or the summer, I'm not completely taken by surprise. (In fact, the Maid-Rite cafe right next door experienced the same fate.) I tried to stop by today but there was a paper sign that just said "Closed" in pen. I have this sinking feeling that they won't be open tomorrow since they sold everything off by now. I'm just glad I had one last trip with the students last week.
There were some smaller things that definitely made the day feel hodgepodge - got stuff sent out at the post office, wrote my shout-out for the yearbook, forwarded old emails around, etc. The holiday was Drive-In Movie Day. Sadly, I don't know of any drive-ins around here, but I did have a "drive-in movie" in my living room. This probably sounds random, but I have a fake steering wheel because my dad made it for a one-act play I directed in high school. Anyway, it seemed fitting of the holiday and I was able to see Dark Knight Rises for the first time since in the theater. (I definitely appreciated having the subtitles on for Bane alone.)
After that, I did some laundry and hung out on a Nerdfighter hangout again. There was one girl there that was also in Student Affairs (although she's more on the admissions side), so it was nice to have that connection. As I've said before, it's nice to feel included in a community, particularly since I don't feel like there are a lot of opportunities for face-to-face communities here during the summer.
I should definitely get back to blogging about random topics or storytime rather than just a recap of my day. I think I'll keep that in mind for tomorrow's post. For now, however, it's time to sleep. Good night and DFTBA!
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment