Greetings from the eastern time zone! After a couple of straight-forward flights with a rainy layover in Atlanta, I'm safely back on the ground in Ohio visiting Michelle.
So today is National Stress Awareness Day and I'm glad this is a holiday because it's definitely something to try to be aware of. There are a lot of ways that stress can manifest itself physically and with everyone being different, stress can be found in many different forms.
Personally, I've had stress creep up in my shoulders. My muscles will feel tense and I couldn't move my neck around as much. It also didn't help that I didn't have the best posture, what with being tall and all. When I was living in Missouri, I was seeing a chiropractor who took a lot of focus on my neck and shoulders. As I continued to have adjustments, I did feel the stress in that area dissipate. I haven't been able to connect with a chiropractic office in Wisconsin, but hopefully I could get a deal set up with my insurance.
More recently (or at least it feels that way), I've had moments where I have to tell myself "stop clenching your jaw". It's nothing too serious at this point, so i feel like I'm catching myself before it has a larger impact. In the same fashion, I think it's good to check on where stress is coming from and how to prevent it/reduce the effect on a regular basis.
It was also National High Five Day, although no real opportunities presented themselves for a good high five. In terms of tomorrow, we're looking at Bat Appreciation Day and Blah Blah Blah Day. I'm assuming the second one is all about rambling, in which case it's right up my alley.
DFTBA!
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment