Saturday, April 11, 2015

Holiday Sampler for April 11th

Even though it can be considered arbitrary, this is my 100th blog entry this year! I'm happy that I've kept this up through early April and I hope I can continue the trend through the summer.

A few different holidays for today seemed to resonate with me as I was looking through the list:

Barbershop Quartet Day - I wasn't in a quartet, but I was in a barbershop choir during high school and I was definitely the youngest person there by 30 years. There was a lot of great music though and it was overall a really fun opportunity.

Education and Sharing Day - This is definitely today's daily holiday that I celebrated the most, since I went to a college personnel conference today. The conference definitely focused on new professionals both in full-time and grad school positions, which I appreciated. One of the sessions I attended let me engage in a small group discussion with the keynote panel, which definitely included a lot of sharing. I'm glad I could go to this conference and feel that I should be pushing myself to attend more.

International "Louie Louie" Day - Part of the drive back to campus included Lexie (another HD here) and me talking about our experiences in marching band, which was neat. It's interesting how marching band as an entity was different between high schools.

International Table Top Day - Gnome Games had this big all-day event with tournaments and prizes and stuff!... Sadly, I was not able to go because of the aforementioned conference. I did connect with some of the gaming group last night for a round of Knights of Camelot and then I met up with the group tonight for some karaoke. (I didn't sing personally, but it was nice to hang out with people and support them in their musical endeavor.)

National Pet Day - This is just in general because there are points when I miss the dogs at my parents' place. I should be able to see them during the summer, but in the meantime, I'll have to rely on Tumblr and other social media.

I could expand many of these into full blog entries, but I'm also very tired. So, I'm going to wrap this up now. Tomorrow is DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) Day, as well as Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment