I know I've said this before, but it's weird to think that it's already April. Where did the time go? Something else that will be making the rest of the semester seem shorter is a 4-week period where each week is a 4-day week of classes. Now, this obviously has a bigger impact on students and faculty rather than me, but it's still weird to think about.
To clarify, since our school is Catholic, we have a 4-day Easter break starting with Good Friday and going until Monday. Students don't have any classes either Friday or Monday, while campus offices are only closed down tomorrow. It'll be nice to have another three-day weekend, and I have high hopes that Monday will be pretty quiet before students filter back into the building. I will say that I'm glad I'm not a student that doesn't own a car here because campus is really shutting down over break, which means that the on-campus food options are all no-gos Friday-Sunday.
Moving on, our campus has two days each semester called "Advisement Days", where students meet with academic advisers to map out the next semester's worth of classes and distribute registration numbers. Ideally, the students don't have any meetings either of these two days so that the academic advising staff has a full berth of available times for each student, but clubs and other groups will seize the opportunity to hold meetings and hold events.
So, that was a random babble. This evening, I met up with some Gnome Games people to play a couple card games at this really cool coffeehouse/restaurant in downtown Green Bay. It's definitely on my list of places to try to go to more often as well as simply exploring the nearby area. Sadly, it's a 15-minute drive, so I can't say that I can just pop over for a quick lunch whenever I feel like it. Even still, it's a cool little spot. It's called Kavarna, by the way, so I'm not being so cryptic. The games themselves were fun too.
Well, I do have a day away from work and other obligations, but I should still get some rest now to make tomorrow meaningful. Today is International Children's Book Day and National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. Definitely a day for a kid to be a kid.
DFTBA
Thursday, April 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment