Monday, April 6, 2015

The Spark of Future Housing... just go with it.

Alright, time for a quick entry so I get to bed a little earlier than last night and continue to that trend. It's going to be weird when I have to get up a couple hours before work starts in order to get ready and then go through a commute compared to just walking down a flight of stairs. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to being at that point because work won't follow me home and I will have some separation from the students I work with (rather than now where voices and activity in the lounge easily carry into my apartment). Okay, knowing me, there probably would be some aspect of work following me home, but at the same time, that wouldn't translate into a student knocking on my door because he's locked out of his room.

It is weird to think that I'm a full decade older than some of the students in my building. I mean, I did get to that point while at the Missouri Academy, but it felt different somehow. I'm not sure how to describe it. Maybe since that position had a much higher emphasis on building one-on-one relationships with each of those students that the age didn't seem as big of a factor? Again, not sure how to describe it.

I've contemplating revamping my blog into an "adventure of a first-time apartment tenant" when I do transition into a position where I'm not living on a college campus. I will certainly be seeking out advice from my friends since I don't have any experience dealing with a super and finding a place with reasonable rent, etc. I could go for a while talking about positives and negatives with living on and off a college campus, but that would probably definitely get boring.

Suffice it to say that talking more about grad school has sparked that thought with what will happen *after* grad school. I don't want to set too concrete of plans since I never know where my passion will lie in a couple years, not to mention the job market out there along with other factors. Even though it's scary, it's good to think about the future plans from time to time. I hope my blog doesn't become too wistful and off in the distance, but hey, it is what's on my mind right now.

So, today is Tater Day, Charlie the Tuna Day, and National Student Athlete Day and I really didn't do anything to celebrate any of those - I'm so bad at game! You know what? To help me actually remember a holiday the day it happens, I should mention one of tomorrow's holidays tonight. *looks at page* Well, since tomorrow is a Tuesday, this seems perfect. Tomorrow is No Housework Day. Enough said. :P

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment