Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Night Wine Tasting

Late-night greetings from Ohio! I'm just about to wind down for bed, but a quick blog post is definitely in order. Overall, today was a good day. Michelle had to do a couple work things, but otherwise we got to spend the day together, which included our traditional culinary outing to the Cheesecake Factory nearby.

We also went to a wine tasting at the Whole Foods before dinner. Apparently, the grocery store puts on wine tastings each Friday where you get to sample five kinds of wine with paired food samples. This week's theme was "the one with the cheap stuff" so it was a mix of white/red/rose/etc, and there were themes like Italian and romance.

I was surprised to see so many people there for this tasting, but it was a cool little outing. In terms of the wines themselves, tonight reinforced that I'm more akin to white over red. I liked the notion of paired samples, which included cheesy cauliflower and this incredibly tender pot roast. Now that I've gone to one of these tastings, I can bring the wine glass they gave me to future tastings for a reduced entrance fee. Michelle and I will probably try to go to more of these since it was a little adventure. Plus, i get to learn more about wine and expand my horizons, one sip at a time.

Well that's enough rambling for one day. It is Blah, blah, blah day, so it seems fitting. Tomorrow will be Adult Autism Day, National Golf Day, and World Amateur Radio Day.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment