The past few days have definitely felt like May Session - things are fun, yet busy, and when I sit down at the end of the day, I feel like a daily recap would just be boring stuff. For example, I did various driving today, including an eye doctor, cell phone store, and "gas station" on campus. There was another student who had an incident today, but I feel like he will be just fine with some R&R this weekend.
Today was another sparse day for holidays, although one of the two was Biographer's Day. I can't say that I didn't anything out of the ordinary for it, but at the same time, I have been blogging every day for about three months now. I'm counting it. Since it's a daily holiday and all.
TC
This is completely random, but I feel like we, as a society, are so indecisive when it comes to making a sandwich order at Subway. I saw a post to that effect online a few years ago and it made me notice that I was starting every statement with "ummm...". I've since been quite deliberate about avoiding umm's while at a Subway and have been pretty successful thus far. Not perfect, but I feel accomplished when I go through an entire order umm-free.
I ended up having dinner at the Subway in our town's Wal-Mart while some students shopped, and I overheard a very prominent umm-er.
"Ummm... I'd like a 6" oven roasted chicken sandwich"
"Ummmm... wheat."
"Ummmmm... pepperjack."
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm......"
Once this was pointed out to me years ago, it's something I can't put out of my head. (It felt like a glass shattering moment in that one episode of How I Met Your Mother".) If anyone feels that way after reading my post, I apologize on one hand. On the other hand, you can consider it a personal challenge with the reward of feeling like an adult who has his/her life put together... even if it's only in regards to what vegetables you like.
(To throw a bit of extra information into the mix, I was a notorious umm-er in high school, particularly with the Drama Club.)
TC
Alright, it's time to get some rest. The national Math Team competition is tomorrow and even though it's in Kansas City, it's still an early morning and a long day. Have a great Friday! DFTBA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment