With that said, this morning's all-staff meeting was the last one of the year and the majority of the agenda was spent looking at the year in review. Honestly, I feel like there were many good things that happened this year, although we have had some pretty bad things happen as well. With two RCs heading out, we need to make sure their legacies live on (such as a month-long fitness challenge in February). It's definitely a lot to think about.
TC
After that all-staff meeting and then another meeting to discuss moving the students out, today was kind of hodgepodge day. I took a little time to prepare a room for international student storage over the summer. I printed out schedules for the seniors in regards to their final days here. I tried to fit 12 containers of strawberries in a shopping basket, along with other supplies for strawberry shortcake. I helped an alumnus get some video game data since his memory card was corrupted. Of course, I met with my wing for one last time to discuss moving out and I made sure to tell them how much I appreciated the year. Yeah, definitely a hodgepodge day.
TC
So, apparently this week was not a good week for graduation and outdoor activities because the forecast is stormy from now until the weekend. There was a system that rolled through town while I was driving students to and from Wal-Mart, but it didn't stick around for long. I did learn today that my phone will let me know when there is an emergency alert in my area because I heard the flash flood warning. The phone even had the traditional screeching sounds of the weather alerts from TV or the radio.
TC
To be honest, I didn't think about the holidays until sitting down to write this entry. The daily holidays aren't much help because one is about slugs. I feel like my recent escapades with today's weather and a recent fire alarm (that was caused by bad wiring) give me a tongue-in-cheek celebration for Hurricane Preparedness Week. It looks like our town will be getting decent storms for the next few days so it didn't come at a better time... if we lived by an ocean, that is.
TC
Okay, it's Tuesday, so I want to do something different. Also, thinking about the "My Favorite" quizzes the guys I did, I think I'll write my own quiz. Feel free to send me your answers and I'll probably see how the guys do as well. Here goes!
My Favorites (I'll probably put the answers up in a few days)
1. Favorite color?
2. Favorite Big 4 sports team?
3. Favorite painting?
4. Favorite flower?
5. Favorite department in high school?
6. Favorite black and white film?
7. Favorite PC game?
8. Favorite card game?
9. Favorite country I've visited?
10. Favorite second language learned?
11. Favorite kind of ice cream?
12. Favorite punctuation mark?
13. Favorite guilty pleasure movie?
14. Favorite self-portrait?
15. Favorite video game series to play co-op?
16. Favorite water-based activity?
17. Favorite pasta sauce?
18. Favorite name that I convince people is my middle name?
19. Favorite solo instrument in an orchestra?
20. Favorite friendly greeting?
DFTBA

No comments:
Post a Comment