Monday, May 13, 2013

Life Update Potpurri

The website I use for the daily holidays has a lot of different reasons to celebrate. I mean, if you've been reading this for the past couple months, you'll know of some of the random, obscure holidays. Then there are days like today where the only holiday for specifically today is "Frog Jumping Day". Well, I didn't want to go chasing after frogs (especially since I can't recall seeing one on campus since I moved here), so that didn't happen.

If I want to attribute today to some holiday (which I do), I'll go with... okay, it's a stretch, but National Osteoporosis Prevention Month. The reason I say that is because the only thing that felt out of the ordinary today was having an adjustment at the chiropractor. I've been going to a chiropractor for a little over a year and at this point, I'm going in every 3-4 weeks. I didn't start going because of an accident or PT; I got an offer for a free initial screening during a New Year's Fitness Challenge and I've been going ever since. I do attribute my chiropractic visits to the inch I've grown in the past two years. True story.

TC

So, it still feels a little off in the distance, but in just over two weeks, I will have been blogging for 100 days straight. In the sense of blogging, 100 is just as momentous as 84 or 128, but in my mind, 100 quickly translates into "just over three months", which certainly feels like a long time. As always, I hope you have been entertained by my posts. It's nice to have this be part of my daily habit. Of course, I don't think I'll be able to do anything too special on day 100, because that is smack dab in the middle of the final week of May Session. That means that the students will be focused on finals and the staff will be going through the giant checklist for graduation on an hourly basis (only slightly exaggerating) as well as the Graduation Banquet.

TC

As I alluded to in the first blurb, I was off today and didn't have any grand adventures. After this weekend and looking ahead to this week, a day of simple R&R is not out of place though. It has been a little bit since I've played the guitar, so hopefully I can jump back into that in a couple days. Hazel is doing alright, although I have no clue on when I should harvest and dry the leaves. Any help would be appreciated. I feel like I've alluded to this before, but there is a video game project that I will blog about, but only once the project is completed. On that front, I'm over 90% finished right now, but I know the final 10% will be a challenge. I do still plan to complete it before June.

TC

Looking to the summer, my plan at this point is to get back into the grad school groove and take a June Session class. Fortunately, I won't have to worry about the students, but it does cut into my summer and it forces me to be in the area, rather than up in Minnesota. There are some "local" events that I've had my eye on for the weekends, specifically the Glenn Miller Festival and a one-day event with a gaming convention in Omaha. Of course, the biggest priority is the class, so send your well wishes my way.

TC

I think that about does it. Tomorrow is Tuesday, so expect some new type of blog post tomorrow - I'm not sure what it will be yet. At least my work schedule doesn't seem too cramped. We'll just see what happens, right?

Good night all. DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment