Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Random Question Tuesday!

Hey there! It's Tuesday again, so you know what that means! A different type of blog post!

Okay, I won't constantly use exclamation points, but I like the idea of deliberately adding variety to my posts once a week.

Today seemed like a long day, but a short day. There were some meetings, we talked about the end of the year business. Since the spring semester grades have all been finalized, we can move forward with various students. Some of the moving will be good and some of the moving will quite literally be students moving out, so it's a give and take, I guess.

I did go to lunch with my co-workers and it was nice to spend time as the five of us. We definitely spent some time thinking about the morning meeting we had just finished with, but it was nice to just talk and hang out too.

TC

Today was National Teacher Day, but since it fell on a Tuesday, it was out of my mind today. It is a holiday that I want to recognize and since it's still Teacher Appreciation Week, I'll try to do something special for an old teacher of mine.

Hmm... a holiday I celebrated today... I will jokingly say that this week is Flexible Work Arrangement Week. The all-staff meetings are a little tough to flex, but otherwise, I do have a lot of work flexibility here. Man, I do need to set out with a holiday in mind tomorrow.

TC

So, to change things up today, I kind of just wanted to have a post where I answer random questions. My sister gave me an idea a few years ago that's called "12 lists" or something like that. Unfortunately, that file is locked away on my old computer, but I was able to find a bloggable collection of questions online. So, here goes!

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
"With my hair this short, the extra bit in the front really doesn't doesn't adhere to gravity, does it?"

2. How much cash do you have in your wallet right now?
$89, actually. Most of that is what's left from when I deposited my federal tax return and got some cash back.

3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?
Floor.

4. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
Interesting question (and I do appreciate the pairing with this being question number 4). My phone doesn't have a list specifically for missed calls, but the four number that pops up as a missed call in my Recent History, is "PRIVATE NUMBER". This probably means it was my mom calling me back after listening to a message in her voicemail. I do use the word "Recent" loosely because this call happened back in September.

5. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
I would say a tie between the Minnesota fight song and the Farnsworth from Warehouse 13.

6. What are you wearing right now?
Pajamas since I'm about to go to bed. The shirt is a Star Wars shirt that I've had since high school that still fits perfectly.

7. Do you label yourself?
Another interesting question. I label myself "Matt", that's for sure. My most recent non-name label would be "nerdfighter", but outside of that, I don't feel like I fit entirely as one label or another.

8. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently own?
Hmm... some sort of typo got in this question. My current shoes are Cherokee.

9.Bright or Dark Room?
Probably darker, especially when I work with computer monitors or TV screens. Plus then I can use my Christmas tree light if I want to add some color to the room.

10. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
Well, I randomly found this online, so I am thankful that this person posted all of the questions separately in addition to answering them herself.

11. What does your watch look like?
It looks like I'm on an adventure out in the wilderness... which includes some battle scars (i.e. scuffs and scratches) on my watch.

12. What were you doing at midnight last night?
The same thing I was doing after this most recent midnight - relaxing, watching some YouTube videos, and working on blogging. Oh, and yesterday included some late-night laundry folding.

13. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
Personal - my mom asking about a big black suitcase
Work - "Ok", from a student.

14. What's a word that you say a lot?
My first instinct is "chronicle(s)", but that is much more present in my writing. Hmm... "accolade"? Of course, I'm trying to think of odd words that stand out because I use them more often than others.

15. Who told you he/she loved you last?(please exclude spouse , family, children)
I'm going to go with my college friend Ruth. Not many of my friends use the word "love" in friendly conversation, so since she's one of the few and since I saw her during Spring Break, she seems like the most likely candidate.

16. Last furry thing you touched?
I'd kind of call it furry. I'm thinking of a big brown pillow I have on my couch in my living room. It probably is the item that best fits the quality of "furry" in my apartment.

17. Favourite age you have been so far?
I know it's an anti-answer clique, but my initial response is the here and now because I'm living in mystery and wonder over the future. Plus, I'm learning more about myself and the world around me. If I am forced to pick an age that's not my current one, I'd think either 20 or 24.

18. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"Good night, get some rest, and good luck on your test tomorrow", directed at one of my students as I kicked them out of my apartment for the night.

19.The last song you listened to?
Not counting video games, then "Quintet" by the Canadian Brass. If video games are in, then the soundtrack to Kingdom Hearts as the student from question 18 finished the game and then I played my file for a little bit after I kicked the guys out.

20. Where did you live in 1987?
I'm going to be cheeky and say "with my parents".

21. Are you jealous of anyone?
I definitely try not to be. There is a co-worker where I really admire the skills that she has and I wish I had her level of leadership, confidence, and, to say a mouthful, the ability to speak what's on her mind.

22. Is anyone jealous of you?
I don't think so?

23. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
My glasses, my watch, and my necklace... except for sleeping. Then they are in a pile next to me. I should change my answers then. Uh... my skin... *pause* Moving on!

24. What’s your favourite town/city?
First off, kudos to the British spelling of "favourite" similar to question 17. I'm not good at narrowing down what I like to one specific thing, so here are a few of my favorites: Cork, Ireland; Duluth, MN; Washington, DC. I deliberately left the three towns I've called "home" off this list.

25. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Well, that was mentioned in my blog back during my trip with the Math Team State competition (so April 19th). The letter was to my grandfather and I hope he enjoyed it after muddling through my chicken scratch.

26. Can you change the oil on a car?
Not on my own, no. Don't tell my uncle. *Shifty eyes*

27. Your first love/big crush: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
Well, the first girl I went on a date with is married to a hometown friend of ours so I'm sure I just saw a random Facebook post about her/them. The first person I can think back to and say "I definitely had a crush on her when I was younger" is actually married to one of my sister's ex-boyfriends. It's a weird happenstance, but they do seem together. The last news I heard of her/them was a Facebook post about them biking a lot with some uncle of theirs.

28. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
If I didn't move from this slouched position, my lower back would probably not have some nice words for me. Not really much else though. 

29.What is your current desktop picture?
So, I still haven't transferred my data from my old computer, so the current desktop picture is just a default red background by Gateway. Kind of boring, but since I keep my windows maximized, I don't look at it a lot anyway.

30. Have you been burnt by love?
To echo question 15, I don't really use the word "love" outside of family. In the romantic relationship sense, I want to use the word "love" when I know I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with someone. So, going off of my own definition, no. If you define "love" more loosely and think about passionate feelings and wanting to spend time with another person, then yes.

Okay, that kind of ended on a downer. All I did was copy-paste these questions, so I didn't fiddle with the order. Let's find another random question to end on a lighter note.

31. What's your life motto?
This has stuck with me since I heard it from a friend in high school: "Rules to Live By: 1. God first. 2. Everyone else next. 3. Me last" Then again, I've had a certain combination of five letters end my blog posts recently.

Well, this was a fun change of pace, but I'm definitely overdue for sleep. Have a great Wednesday and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment