Monday, November 16, 2015

The Importance of Being Together for Lunch

Hey everyone. Today was one of those days that definitely reinforced the fact that I really value having lunch with my fellow Hall Directors. My Mondays are fairly open outside of our afternoon department meeting, but today that meeting was cancelled. So my entire day was spent in my office by myself (which ended up working out pretty nicely because I could knock out some things on my list). My lunch outing was only with one of my colleagues, but it was nice to talk to someone, even if we rely on work topics a little much.

One reason I like the co-worker lunches is that there are days when I otherwise wouldn't see some of my colleagues. I saw a few of my colleagues through lunch and Boot Camp, but there were a couple people that I didn't see or hear from at all today. It's definitely a downside to having offices in each building rather than a central location (which I've heard some schools do). It sounds kind of silly when I type it out because it seems like I'm putting this big focus on a small thing, but it's nice to have that consistency and at least to have a part of each day be social and not focus on work.

I definitely need some sleep and hopefully I'm not feeling the Boot Camp burn too much tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is Homemade Bread Day and National Entrepreneurship Day, which is certainly a fun word to type out.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment