Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday Random Questions to spice it up

Hey everyone. It's another day where I should just keep the blog short. I can't think of much I want to blog about right now, to be honest. Most of my smalltalk with residents today was about how quickly the semester is going with Thanksgiving being next week and/or the colder weather starting to sink in... both of which have been mentioned quite a bit. Eh, what the hey, I'll do a set of questions just to make today's entry have some content to it.

What topic of conversation do you consider boring?
- The weather, which is very fitting to have on today's list of questions.

How do you think the American family will change over the next 25 years?
- Society will be more accepting of LGBT households and the average number of children will go down a little.

If you wrong someone, how do you apologize?
- Try to pull them aside and have a conversation about it. Then see what I can do to make things better.

Which member of your extended family are you closest to?
- Probably my grandfather on my mom's side

What is your definition of wealthy?
- Having money to the point where a sizable portion is excess (compared to bills and standard of living). (This definition was just pulled out of my armpit, fyi.)

What creeps you out?
- Several different types of bugs.

What would you want your epitaph to say?
- He helped make the world a better place and he will be missed.

What was the last thing you complained about?
- Umm... I feel like I should say a few minutes ago when I wrote the first part of today's blog entry.

Where would you like to go that is "off the beaten bath"?
- There's a logic puzzle museum in the Milwaukee area that I'm going to go to while I'm living in the state.

Metaphorically speaking, what is the most important tool in your tool box?
- Viewing the world from the perspective of others.

When have you been unable to say "I love you too"?
- If I'm really annoyed at the person or just need some time to process a different part of the conversation.

When in your life have you been humbled?
- Seeing amazing work my college friends have done. That's what the question is getting at, right?

In what ways are you a philosopher?
- I try to view humanity as a complex entity that's always changing and filled with so many perspectives on the world. I also like to sound philosophical at times.

Have you ever loved someone you have not met?
- No, I can't say that I have.

Who is someone that you are sorry that you disrespected?
- The dean at my old institution.

What is the difference between being wealthy and being rich?
- I guess 'wealthy' is for people who are more likely to make extravagant purchases? I don't know, I'm still pulling stuff out of my armpits.

Would you rather be hungry or thirsty?
- Thirsty, since being thirsty doesn't link to be cranky like being hungry can

What is the most valuable thing in your life?
- My family and support system? Feeling like I developed good ethics? Having a life goal that's basically just helping out others?

What do you love the smell of?
- I've had these on the mind lately, so I'll say cinnamon sugar pretzels which are delicious and very easy to make.

When have you had an enlightening moment?
- Having deep conversations with friends late at night about the world and everything.

What is something that is widely available yet underappreciated?
- Sticking with the "first thing that comes to mind" plan, I'll say the pop tab donation system with Ronald McDonald Houses. Then again, I can see the argument that that's not a "widely available" system, particularly if you don't live in a bigger city. Even still, I think it's underappreciated.

What patterns in your life would you like to break?
- To be honest, there's a general overhaul I wish I could do involving sleep habits, exercise, and being proactive about various responsibilities

Who was the last person you had to forgive?
- An RA who I had asked to make posters for an event and it took another week for that to happen

When have you performed for a crowd?
- Well, I did theater through high school, music through college, and I work in higher ed now.... So... yes.


Alright,  I feel a little better with today's entry. Hopefully doing random questions on a Friday isn't too weird. Tomorrow will be Saturday (duh), as well as Guinness World Record Day, and International Games Day. Hopefully I can make gaming happen then. Wish me luck!

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment