Hey everyone. I know I've mentioned this in the blog before, but one of my old colleagues had a quote posted by her office about not comparing the highlight reels of others' lives to the behind-the-scenes footage from our own lives. It's a good thing to keep in mind, although I've been letting my mind make the unfair comparison recently. This has been especially prevalent when thinking about people I see in the entertainment industry. Obviously, these people are putting a lot of time into research, logistics, and managing resources, but from an outside perspective, they have so much fun playing video games on YouTube for a living.
I also think part of the escapism is from disconnecting with fears and doubts that follow me in my day-to-day life. Now, I know that people who I follow online are human and so they also have bad days and negative feelings, but since I'm not seeing it or experiencing it vicariously, it's easier to not notice.
So the next step is how to make my own life seem like that of others who I admire. Obviously, it will never be exactly the same since it's human nature to view ourselves as vastly more complex than anyone else. However, it's still trying to tap into the things that bring out unbridled joy and keeping the fears in check.
That's where my mind is at, in addition to the time, so I need to go. Tomorrow will be International Day of Tolerance and National Button Day.
DFTBA
Sunday, November 15, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment