Yay more airport fun! After chilling at my friend's place in the morning, I went to the airport to begin the next part of the journey. One of my best friends, Kyle, lives out in Indiana and it's been a while since I saw him last and longer since I visited. Since Kyle was also at the wedding (he lived with the groom for a year of college and needless to say, they were tight) and schedules happened to work out, I was able to get on the same flight as Kyle today and I'll be in South Bend for the rest of the week.
After some fast food in the airport, we boarded the tiny airplane. There were some mechanical issues that had a brief delay and then the boarding crew had to wait for some paperwork before we could enter the aircraft. I struggled to find a place for my two carry-on items, but was able to stow them both under the seat ahead of me. (I'm hoping that I'll have a little more room on the flights back to Missouri.) Once everyone was seated, the door closed with a big THUNK! Then there was another THUNK! Then... another... THUNK... I was in the very back row and while I couldn't see anything, I definitely heard many big THUNKs. There ended up being an issue with door so we had to relocate to a new plane & gate since "the maintenance guys don't like to be stared at while they work" (quote from the pilot). Before today, we were wondering if there would be any weather delays and since Kyle and I had nothing scheduled for the rest of today, neither of us were terribly upset.
Once we got onto the second aircraft, the flight was rather uneventful. Apparently Kyle spent part of the flight thinking to the fun he had at the wedding. I, on the other hand, spent part of the flight evaluating the pros and cons to having an airplane snack cart for the FIRST Robotics team as a rolling tool cart. Yeah... I'm a nerd.
We landed in South Bend, got Kyle's checked bag and then to a local Mexican spot for dinner. We also got some frozen yogurt that reminded me of the place I went in Pittsburgh with my high school friend last spring break. We did some food shopping so we weren't eating out every meal I'm here, but when we do go into town, I want to try out the local spots while I have the chance. The rest of the evening was pretty relaxing. Kyle is an avid Lego creator, and I ended up helping with a small portion of this really cool project he's doing. He writes his own blog so I don't want to spoil the surprise, but it is quite cool and very detailed. We also watched some Scrubs, although the past two days, Kyle has been insistent that I watch Archer since I hadn't ever seen it before.
Similar to spring break trips in the past, now that I'm here at my destination, I don't have anything especially planned. Kyle was able to take a couple days off so I'm sure we will go on some adventure or three. There's also a friend I met through Kyle who I also hope to see and spend time with... cheese. (When I end a sentence with "with", I imagine a college friend asking "with what?" and I always say "with cheese".) Oh, and I get to have fun adjusting to the Eastern Time Zone... yay. Alright, with that, I need sleep. Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment