Wednesday, March 13, 2013

FIRST Robotics Competition 2013 - Day 0

Hey everyone,

I'm definitely going to keep this short because tomorrow will be an early day. Since I'm on a competition trip with Robotics and I'm going to be doing stuff with Robotics for the next three days, I figure I could blog my adventures. The competition hasn't started yet, but we did drive down to Kansas City and dropped the robot and equipment off at the arena. Since then, we checked into our hotel, got some dinner, and then spent the rest of the night getting the last details in place.

This is my fourth competition with FRC specifically and I feel like this is the most anxious night out of the whole experience. At this point, our robot is still in a giant plastic sack and we have a laundry list of things to do tomorrow before we can hope to get through inspections. That's all tomorrow is really devoted to - getting through inspections and some practice matches - so we have all day, but I've known from experience that little mishaps can have large ramifications.

If you have Twitter, feel free to follow my Robotics team. The tag is @RadicalT3ch and I do plan to update it throughout the competition. There is also a Kansas City cable company that hosts an online stream of the competition: http://www.more.net/first-robotics They probably won't do much tomorrow since there won't be any official matches, but I figure I might as well post the link now.

So yeah, if you *don't* want to hear about Robotics, you might want to stray away from my blog for the rest of the week. Just as a warning.

Well, let's see how tomorrow pans out. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment