Saturday, March 2, 2013

15 Truths (March 2013)

I wanted to keep today's entry relatively short and I also thought that it had been a long time since I did a '15 truths' post.

The following list contains 15 truths and 5 lies. Try to figure out which ones are the tall tales and I'll reveal the answers tomorrow. Enjoy!

1. Since moving to the Academy, I have gotten to see places like St Louis, Huntsville, AL, and Washington DC for the first time.
2. If every co-worker in my position had to drive back to his/her hometown, I'd have the longest drive.
3. Two of my favorite local businesses have basically closed down since I got here.
4. On the other hand, the town has gained a Jimmy John's and My Favorite Muffin in the past two years.
5. Since a lot of the guys aren't 18 years old yet, I have a separate place in my bedroom for R-rated movies.
6. I have worked with students who went on/are going on to study at my alma mater, UMN - Twin Cities.
7. One summer, there was a big hailstorm that ripped through campus and broke several windows in our building, including one in my living room.
8. Part of the training for this year's student leaders included me chucking water balloons out of my third floor apartment.
9. I've been able to spend the last two New Year's with my college friends in a rental cabin up in the north woods of Minnesota.
10. Some clubs that I mentored at one point, but don't mentor anymore, include an ACT Prep Club, a Magic: The Gathering club, and the Improv Club: "54th Suburb".
11. This year marks the first year that all of my competition clubs have advanced to a state-level competition.
12. I got into a minor collision with another vehicle one winter because the van caught on some ice and I couldn't brake fast enough.
13. Some students gave me a waffle iron for my birthday one year and I now try to hold a "waffle day" for my guys or the whole building around once a month.
14. I had my work Visa's number stolen while I was in St Louis for a Robotics trip.
15. The key chain on my car key was given to me by the main person we work with for recruiting Chinese students.
16. Over the years, I have gotten an elliptical machine, a guitar, and a DVD player for my second TV. All for free.
17. My passport has not gotten any new stamps since I moved to Missouri.
18. Despite me growing up in Minnesota, the first time I learned to ski was in Missouri.
19. After some coaxing, the guys have convinced me to play Minecraft with them, and I'm kind of addicted now.
20. I am truly thankful for everything that has happened to me over the past 3-1/2 years and I have grown while being here in Missouri.

Even if the lies are easy to pick out, I thought this would be a good way to drop some random facts that might not otherwise get in a blog post. Like I said earlier, you'll get the results tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment