Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wrapping up the New Year's Fitness Challenge

Whoaaaa! I'm writing today's blog before midnight! Okay, it probably doesn't matter to you, the reader, but it feels different to write this entry while it's still light outside.

Today marks the end of the New Year's Fitness Challenge that was held at the community center in town. Over the past twelve weeks, my team of three co-workers and I tried to adopt healthy habits, including drinking plenty of water, exercising several times a week, and being mindful of portion size. During the challenge, I did end up losing about ten pounds and my waist measurement shrunk by three or four inches. I definitely am happy with these results, but at the same time, I feel like this year helped me to create internal motivation for the previously mentioned healthy habits. Some weeks were tougher than others (I mean heck, it was Spring Break last week), but I feel like a more mindful person compared to January. I just hope the mindset sticks now that we don't have weekly weigh-ins or point charts. Well, I have blank charts if that helps me stay on track.

Speaking about healthy stuff, today's holiday is Whole Grain Sampling Day. To celebrate, my lunch included a PB& J sandwich on whole grain bread. Yes, I know PB&J Day was yesterday, but it felt right. The idea I wanted to try out was to celebrate a holiday every day by doing something related to that holiday. I've looked ahead at April and there are some interesting days on the horizon. Depending on the holiday configuration, I may have to look at weekly/monthly holidays, but as long as I say that now, it's still in the rules! :-)

Oh, and I went ahead and created a Twitter account. I figured it would be a cool way to commemorate the holidays, but if I feel like writing more, I'll just blog about it here. My current tag is @BrainofHolding, so feel free to follow me.

Well, have a pleasant... afternoon. Whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment