I'll just start off and say that the weather has been AMAZING the past couple of days. I played some ultimate frisbee with some of the students yesterday and it was definitely a fun time. I should definitely try to get out more during the day rather than seclude myself (especially since there are a number of parks in town, if I feel like getting away from campus). The best part is that it's been so warm that there's no awkward question of if I should bring a coat or not.
So, one of today's holidays is is Walk To Work Day. Since I live and work in the same building, going to work can be as simple as opening my door. In other words, this holiday really didn't jump out as something that would be new or out of the ordinary. Plus, since I drove the Science Olympiad team to Columbia today, it didn't really feel like a big "walking around at work" day.
Fortunately, today is also Hospital Admitting Clerks Day, so that is definitely out of the ordinary. While I've been at the Missouri Academy, there have been plenty of ER trips and I am definitely thankful of the entire staff, including the admitting staff that works with me in regards to paperwork and insurance stuff. So, when I saw this holiday on the list, I felt like it would be a good opportunity to give back and say thanks.
Today also felt new because it involved me branching out in terms of my daily holiday "celebrations". I mean, the other two days so far have been food-related and I do want to get other people involved in future shenanigans. In terms of today, I just got some cookies and a thank you card and dropped it off at the hospital. I didn't linger, but I made sure the treats were for all of admitting staff.
As I mentioned earlier, I drove to Columbia today as my shift since the state competition is tomorrow. We ended up in Kansas City during rush hour, so getting onto I-70 was a pain. I'm just glad it was a bright day because I would hate to think about certain stretches of that road with that traffic in more inclement weather. After getting to Columbia, the team and I just chilled and grabbed some food. It will be an early morning tomorrow, so I'm going to hit the sack after I post this. Tomorrow's entry will probably be written about the same time since I probably won't try to get online during the competition. See you tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment