Well, Tuesday rolled around in its usual fashion, so that typically means my day is busy with meetings and such. Oddly enough, today wasn't that intensive. We're in the "off week" of a bi-weekly rotation of all-staff morning meetings, and since it was finals week, I didn't facilitate a seminar or have a big wing meeting. It does sound like the students are doing fairly well on their finals and some final grades are already coming in. Ultimately, we will just have to wait for the end of the week to see where everyone stands.
Even though today didn't feel like a typical crazy Tuesday, I still want to change up my writing. Today won't be a game so much, but it will be different. So, today is Honesty Day and like others, I can find it difficult to say what's truly on my mind. I will be out myself and say that I avoid confrontation and try to push those thoughts out of my head. On the other hand though, I don't always voice my appreciation of others who are around me. For today's entry, I'm going to write brief open letters to people I know and try to really be honest with them.
Now, since this is the Internet, I do want to keep a general level of confidentiality. So, no big soap opera surprises, and I'm going to mask the recipients by addressing them based on a memory that I have of them. If you read these and feel like one of them is addressed to you, you are welcome to follow up with me, but I don't want to create any pressure either. Here goes:
To "Nail Clipper",
I'm still working. I feel much better than before, to say the least. Still, I'm not the same. I don't want to be a cynic, but the walls are up. If I see you in a month, I'll put on the show and wear the mask. Inside, who knows?
To "That Heavy is a Spy!",
Thank you. I don't know if I say it enough, but thank you. You've definitely helped me out countless times and it's good to be back in more frequent communication. Maybe one day we'll be back in the same city again. If so, I have a couple of video games already picked out.
To "HEEEEY!",
You're an awesome dude. Figured I might as well say that now. I can't say that my memories of you come from classes or activities, but even still, you've been funny, intelligent, and kind of others. Of course, the little connections don't hurt, like us both being in show choir in high school. Even though we're not best friends, I still feel like you enjoy the times we talk and I appreciate when you told me that you are reading this silly little blog. So, thank you for everything and I'm definitely happy for you.
To "Moleskin Notebook",
If I'm being completely honest, the stuff I heard a few months ago just made me feel off. I know that we all have our trials to endure, and I don't want to go into nitty gritty, but some things just seemed, well, off. This lack of adjectives is probably something I would exhibit if we were personally talking as well. I just wish there was more I could do to help.
To "Various Food Smoothie",
You have helped shape me into who I am today and I hope that I can be that kind of person to others. I won't have some of the quirks, but that's what makes you you. I like that you're not afraid to say what's on your mind, including when something doesn't sit well and you express dissatisfaction. You have a truly great life ahead of you.
To "Mix CDs",
I hope we can reconnect because I want to hear about your journey. It might not feel like an incredible story, but it speaks courage to me. In the grand scheme of things, we're not that far apart, so let's make it work, okay? :-P
To "Russian Mermaid",
I miss you. I know you say it much more often than I do, but it's true. I do have moments when I worry about not living to my potential or having the successes like the others around me. I know you're always there for me when I need it and I hope I return the feeling. Thank you for *all* that you do.
To "Puffins",
I can't say that I know you to an abundant degree. I've dropped the ball on keeping in touch multiple times, but the fact that I will still get a letter makes me smile. I've seen you during some difficult moments, but you are a strong person who is committed to helping others. To be blunt, I promise to write you in the next month. Promise.
I feel like eight is a decent number, although I may return to this some point in the future. There was one person that came to mind, but I didn't write to him/her because I didn't want the negativity to be chronicled. Of course, now that I've stopped, there are a few other people where the notes would definitely be happy and of friendship.
Tomorrow's entry could either be early or a day delayed. The Envirothon state competition is Thursday but since it involves a 4 hour drive, I want to do the driving tomorrow rather than 4am Thursday morning. I'm looking forward to seeing how the students do, but at the same time, it will be a nice day for me as well. (With that said, I'll try to keep tomorrow's post from being boring, since all I'll be doing in driving.)
DFTBA and I'll see you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment