I can't really say that anything truly exciting happened today. I worked the desk tonight, so I sat down there and did some paperwork-esque stuff. I think my mind isn't sure what to do now that Math Team state is done. Then again, Envirothon state is next week, so that will keep me on my toes. Of course, the Math Team isn't technically done competing since we may have some students go to the national level, but that's off in May.
It is weird to think that the students start having finals in a week (well, 8 days). The vibe from the senior class is split between not wanting to leave and being ready to head out a few months ago.
I would include the TC's, but this entry feels like it's just going to be a scattered bunch of snippets anyway.
Today had very slim pickings for daily holidays - the only ones I found were Kindergarten Day and Nat'l Chocolate-Covered Cashews Day. I didn't want to try to roam the halls of a kindergarten on a Sunday and I didn't find chocolate-covered cashews at the union when I got lunch. Unfortunately, I didn't really set out to celebrate a specific holiday, so now I have to go through and see if one on the list applies somewhat. I have to say, there are some *weird* holidays in existence. With that said, this is a really "safe bet" answer, but today I celebrated the fact that it is National Humor Month. There were several points today where I made sure to laugh, which helped relieve some stress (it's Stress Awareness Month as well, but I celebrated that as a daily holiday earlier).
I'm sure I've said this before, but my job is ridiculous. One thing you can always say is that the job keeps me on my toes, for both positive and negative reasons. Case in point earlier tonight. After I closed up first floor, I overheard a heated discussion coming from a particular room. I can't go into details, but it's something that all kind of popped up in a couple hour span and has resulted in some stressed out individuals. Not fun.
After that, a different guy thinks his lamp is busted when half of his room's outlets suddenly stopped working. It was weird because it was only half of his room and none of his neighbors affected. I called up the 24-hour custodial line to let them know and they told me they would send a University Police officer to take a look. Shortly thereafter, I'm walking down the hallway with not one, not two, but three officers to look at fried power outlets at around 12:30am. This was definitely one of those moments where it's ridiculous to the point of being quite funny. Granted, I'm fully aware of the situation and I don't jump to "who got hurt? is everyone safe?" when I see the UP vehicles parked outside the building. As I said, I have no idea what my job will throw at me day to day and some days may just involve multiple campus officers down a hallway for an electrical problem. (Oh, and if I heard the radio chatter from the one officer's walkie talkie correctly, that was the entire police force for all of campus at that moment. Sign of a safe campus, right?)
Well, I need sleep again. Fortunately for the holidays, tomorrow is Earth Day. Hopefully I can do something cool for it! DFTBA and I'll see you tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment