Hello there. If my posts page is correct, this is blog entry 250 for me. On one hand, it's just a number that only has significance if we give it that meaning. On the other hand, that's quite a bit of blogging and there are a lot of memories in these pages that go back as far as my senior year of high school. Crazy times.
Before I go, a holiday. Today was Talk Like Shakespeare Day and for a time, I was considering writing a blog post in a Victorian England-style. However, I feel like that would have taken way too long to write (or read, for that matter). Instead, I found a list of words that Shakespeare invented in his works and I will incorporate 10 of those words into the rest of this entry. Feel free to try to pick out which words it is and I'll have a list at the bottom.
Since we're already on the subject of holidays, today was also World Book Night *and* Movie Theatre Day. As I've mentioned before, I love the juxtaposition of some of these holidays, but this just seems unreal. Sadly, I didn't really get to celebrate either holiday in a big way. In keeping with Shakespeare though, I did watch Much Ado About Nothing this evening. That play has a special place in my heart because I played Leonato in 9th grade and it was the first time I took a major role on stage. Of course, I'm happy that I had the experiences with being a stage manager/back-stage hand later on, but I can definitely reminisce back to a number of MAAN rehearsals.
TC
Okay, it was snowing when I woke up this morning. What the heck, Mother Nature!? It was just Earth Day yesterday and now you're dropping snow on us today. What can we do to negotiate with you!! Fortunately, the snow was mostly melted away by the afternoon, but it was still ridiculous. I'm also kind of worried about Hazel (my newly acquired basil plant), because it's right by the windowsill, which is cold. Just hope for warmer days ahead. *deep breath* Alright, weather rant over.
TC
So today was Tuesday, which included a morning full of meetings that weren't really eventful. Well, at least nothing eventful to talk about here. I have thought about what information I post here and making sure it's not confidential stuff that could come back to haunt me later. I think I'm at a good position at the moment, but it's something to keep in mind.
On some Tuesdays, my co-workers and I get lunch at the Union and I've had some back luck this semester. There have been a few occurrences when my food takes twice as long as everyone else's, although today, I learned after waiting for 20 minutes, that they had been out of what I ordered. Grumble grumble. If nothing else, I should know by now to just take my belongings with me to lunch so I jump straight from the union to our afternoon meetings.
TC
I realize that with the lack of emotions on the Internet, today's entry may come off pretty gloomy and or cranky. In reality, I'm not twisted in a knot from the weather or my dietary delays, but it's something to write about and try to sneak in vocabulary words. I'll try not to torture you for too much longer.
TC
After the morning meetings, I basically stayed in the building for the rest of the night. We had intervisitation (definitely not a word by Shakespeare), which is a time for students to come on floor to relax and chill. I discovered that over the weekend, a "new" TV got put in a floor lounge, so the students have a game system hooked up since they are addicted to Super Smash Bros Brawl. So, many of the guys were in the lounge when they weren't studying, but at least my door was open for people to come in and relax.
TC
Well, I really should wrap this up or I'd be here until dawn. Fortunately, I'm off tomorrow, and I think I truly don't have anything booked in my schedule. My tax return did arrive today so I thinking of taking a road trip to deposit it. I've been told to purchase something ridiculous, but I don't have anything set out just yet. Have a great Wednesday and DTFBA.
So, did you figure out all ten words I used that were coined by Shakespeare? I'll post them in white text below. Let me know how you did, but no cheating!
-Addiction
-Belongings
-Dawn
-Eventful
-Gloomy
-Manager
-Negotiate
-Rant
-Torture
-Unreal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment