Saturday, December 9, 2006

let's see how this goes...

Hello everyone,

Well, here I am...on the night of the last regular Friday of fall semester. Eep. Okay, I've had finals schedules that are worse than this semester, but even still, eep. Part of my eep is that we have our last physics midterm on Monday and I feel lost going over my notes. All in all, my finals schedule is pretty good: Rhetoric final paper on Wed, Chaos final exam on Fri, CompAlgGeom final project on Fri, and Physics final exam on Wed. It'll be nice to have a stretch of time just to study physics (and also to get Christmas shopping done), but it'll still feel like a long time away from home.

Let's see, I might as well run through the 'lly's... :

Physically: my sleep schedule has been shifting such that I'm staying healthy (knock on wood), but it's cutting it close with physics class some mornings... there's been talk of a stomach flu going around campus, so hopefully that doesn't come to middlebrook.

Emotionally: well, things are going pretty well, although with the stresses of midterms/papers/finals and cold weather (both in temperature and in health), everyone's a little on edge, so it'll be nice to be done.

Mentally: simply put, things will be a lot easier when this last physics midterm is out of the way. again, I think everyone's entitled to be a little on edge, but I'd like to think I'm doing fairly well.

Spiritually: not much new since last time, but I'm really thankful for mike and lauren, because they have both been there, helping me stay "in check"

Oh, speaking of being thankful, (this is something I wanted to blog about on various occasions) I've been realizing lately that I am so thankful for the community around me. I mean, I'm living and interacting with people who could very well become things like top programmer at ILM (Mike), a world-reknown artist/photographer (Sara), a compassionate lawyer (Andy), a key designer of the next new space shuttle (Ben B), and a key developer of a new electrical revolution (Dan R). Over college, I'm met many amazing people that deserve to go all the way to the top of their field. What do I fall in this? Well, I hope to go somewhere with my career and live up to the promises I made to various people in my lifetime. I just hope I can learn from the examples of my peers and become a better person with each friend I make.

Let's see... oh, I'm getting information about being a CA for the 0708 academic year, so a prayer for clarity of mind would be greatly appreciated. Hmm... things have been gearing up for finals week, so... yeah. I really should head out to bed. Hope everyone is starting out the holiday season well (okay, so I'm calling the month of December the holiday season). TTEL, take care and God bless.

~Matt dB

No comments:

Post a Comment