Hey there,
I know what you're thinking and I agree, it is late, which is why I'll be brief. For one, I have the last physics midterm tomorrow, which I'm a little worried about, so if you could send prayers for me and my classmates, that'd be great.
Tonight, amidst the studying, a bunch of us went on one of my many Taco Bell runs, which is definitely something that's become part of college. Basically, person A goes to person B, asks "Taco Bell?" and then in 10 minutes you have a crowd of 7-12 people who are willing to leave everything, venture to Taco Bell, and eat it outside on the cold stone tables. I'd like to think I'm like a regular with those things, although my unique class schedule has gotten in the way before. Anyway, tonight, a few of us created a new 'sport' where Ruth and Becky were riding on Tyler's and Towey's shoulders and trying to tickle the other such that they would fall off the guy's back. It's definitely the best sport I've seen in a long time. :-P
Another thing I just wanted to blog quickly about is how glad I am to be in college. By being away from everything I knew two years ago, I get to learn about who I am as a person (as well as a lot of new people/places/etc). One of the ways I try to take this experience is when there's something that may rub me the wrong way for some reason, I try to make sure I'm not doing in this my life towards others. At brunch today (since it's a weekend), there were two points in the conversation that didn't sit with me all that well. One of these was talking about computers and after I said that I'm still using a ball mouse (it started from looking at the computer section of a department store ad in the newspaper), the response I got back was, "bleh, I'm not even in IT and I'm cringing." I guess it didn't sit well since it seemed like what I had for computer gear wasn't up to the "IT standards". One thing that comes to mind is that I'm fairly sure I'm at the low end of the financial pool when it comes to the people I'm around. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I'm just saying that before college, I had a computer that was four years old, a slower-than-dial-up connection, etc and after coming to college, even though a lot of that has changed, it still feels like people are pointing my technological inadequacies. I guess what I'm saying is this (for all of you who see me and whatnot): everyone has different standards about things. Just because I'm in IT doesn't mean I have the latest in gizmos, because I certainly don't have the money. Also, please don't look down at me because my printer isn't a laser printer, or because back home I get dial-up Internet and all my channels from a rabbit-ear antennas.
*pause*
My apologizes, I'll put the soapbox away for a little bit now. Truth be told, there are a few things on my mind, one of which is being worried about the physics test. Speaking of physics, I really should get some sleep. I think I might try to blog more often, because it could help me document more of the daily life (rather than just the big stuff). Plus, then I can ramble about things and not feel so silly. :-P Well, hopefully everyone who needs to is getting geared up for finals mode. Best of luck to everyone. Talk to everyone later, take care and God bless.
~Matt dB
Monday, December 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment