Wednesday, September 7, 2005

First Day of Classes

Hello everyone,

Well, I had my first college classes ever--it certainly was an experience. The one bad thing about classes that has come up is that the physics book my roommate borrowed from a friend turned out to be completely different from the one we need for class, so we have to borrow off of other people until we get one from Dinkytown or online (or if need be, new). Classes will definitely be a challenge, but it feels like a challenge I can take. One definite highlight of the day was convocation. For you non-gophers, convocation is this thing they have every year for the freshman class. Well, sure the slides and speakers were good, but the reason why it is such a highlight is that the marching band came and played all around us. Seeing 15+ sousaphones on stage and rows of percussion, trumpets, and clarinets all around where I was sitting... it brought tears to my eyes. It was just so awesome. If you're in the Cities, you should hear them at least once this year (at some sports game or maybe they do m.b. competitions).


For the past little bit, I've been doing homework in my room while Mike (my roommate for people who don't remember/know) was at some computer meeting. Yeah, this sounds like what college is going to be, me sitting in a room by myself working on homework while I hear people in a few rooms over playing "Bond Scene It?". I apologize if I seem down in the slumps right now. I didn't get much sleep last night because I was tossing and turning. Hopefully, that'll disappear over a few days, and I hope I can be the more emotionally-fit person I was. Well, I should either clean or do some more homework before I go to bed, so I'm going to get going. Talk to everyone later, I hope everyone is having a fun time whatever they are doing, take care and God bless.

-Getting through it can be rough at first (but are greener pastures ahead?)
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment