Well, despite my best efforts, I feel like this post should actually be an update of sorts. First, Winter Storm Q* came through Missouri today and left a bunch of snow everywhere. The highways were all covered and classes got cancelled at 11am, so some students had 9am tests and were done for the day, while other students missed an 11am test because that's the time the higher-ups picked. The students had a lot of fun playing in the snow, but it was otherwise business as usual. I am glad that I didn't need to drive the van around because the wind made sure snow drifts popped up in *fun* places on the road.
For the next two days, I'll be with the FIRST Robotics team as we travel to Iowa City for the FTC-Iowa Championship. We qualified for the state championship back in December and since it's the first time we've been selected to move onto an invitation-only event, we are pretty stoked. So, I'm really hoping that Q is done and over with, so the trip isn't grounded because of the weather. Fortunately the majority of the drive will be on I-35 and I-80, but the first hour will be back roads and it's a 4-1/2 hour drive to being with...
I'm not sure what the wifi situation will be, so I might not post until after I get back. If you are reading this over the next few days, wish us luck but also safe travels.
Well, tomorrow is a big day. Better be ready!
*Okay, "Winter Storm Q". One - why did winter storms start getting names? Two - why pick Q as the name? Is it a Bond reference? I'm pretty sure this all started this year, so there's no way they ran out of names...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment