I feel like I've said this in several different ways, but I like blogging. Writing something down helps capture that moment in time and I've been able to go back and read old entries and just feel in the moment. Since my handwriting is terrible (also not a new fact - see Friday), I utilize online methods. Plus, I won't have to worry about my journal getting wet or pages being ripped. The most metaphorical thing that popped to mind is having old journals where the ink on the page fades away into faint shadows just like your memory of old times now forgotten.
So, blogging. Maybe you've noticed, but I've been blogging again. Starting on my birthday, I wanted to put another legitimate effort into blogging and this entry marks a week of daily blogging. Some entries were kind of silly, but the fact of the matter was that I was writing something and adding it to my collection. Besides, the silly ones can break up the monotony of cookie cutter update posts. (I am kind of wondering how I'm going to include more updates without falling back into old ruts.)
In terms of my blog, I still feel on the fence when it comes to shouting my url to the heavens. On one side, I like when other people get to read what I wrote and then they can catch up on my life (and I do hope to find others' blogs to do the same). On the other side, I guess I'm concerned about letting too many people know. Since my blog goes back to high school, there are some things that feel a little too personal for old students of mine to read. Of course, now that I've said that, I've kind of put myself in a catch-22 because if I do put the url out there more... good grief. In reality, I don't think there's anything too incriminating in there (I have never smoked or done drugs, although I was offered at a summer camp once), but there are moments when I feel like I really put myself out there by writing my feelings down.
When it comes down to it, do I *need* people reading my blog? Not really. I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it for me. Even if it's these rambles, I enjoy being able to write them down. Having an audience to write to is a pleasant bonus, but just that, a bonus.
Since we're on the subject of blogging, I should really start doing these earlier, since I want to dive into some topics and I can feel my brain slowing down. Tonight specifically may still be aftermath from the robotics competition, but I wouldn't want to a deep subject while half-ready to jump into bed.
So, with that, I'm going to the aforementioned bed. Have a good start of the week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment