Monday, February 25, 2013

Boil Advisory - Hoo boy!

As kind of a follow-up to yesterday's blog, I went and looked at some of my old entries. The time I focused on was when I first moved to Missouri (about 3-1/2 years ago) and I could definitely remember some of those moments. What's better was that some posts did remind me of moments I had otherwise forgotten, like the hassle of getting my laptop and personal computer both hooked up to the Internet at the same time.

So, I've been blogging late at night and there have been a few nights when it's been right before I go to bed. I do want to go to sleep earlier, but I feel like if I would blog during the day, I would miss out on potential blog material based on the evening's events.Call it a side effect of my position, but my day-to-day schedule is definitely not what you could call typical.

The most exciting thing that happened today was that the city and campus went under a Boil Advisory/Alert. It was kind of odd that we didn't get an official email until a hour or two we had started putting signs up and putting plastic bags over water fountains. (Side Note: I don't expect my dad to read this blog, but thanks for the newspaper sleeves. I was putting them right to use within minutes of opening the box you sent me!) We did have a Boil Advisory last year, although if I remember correctly, that happened shortly before I left for a weekend away in Indiana. I don't have any faraway travel planned between now and Thursday, but I do have Wednesday and Thursday off. *stares into distance*

Apparently there was supposed to be another big winter storm passing through tonight, but so far, I haven't seen any precipitation. Based on the forecasts, it must of just went through south of us. Oh Kansas City, you must be having a lot of fun with all the snow you have right now... To be honest, I wouldn't care if we had a bunch of snow now because I'm no longer worried about driving a state away for a big competition. I actually do have the weekend off, and then it's back to a math meet and the biggest Robotics commitment of the year (a 3-1/2 day saga in Kansas City). I'm definitely looking forward to it, but it is a long three days at the arena. I'll try to not talk about Robotics too much, but since that is coming up soon, you've been warned.

Well, this seems like a good of a place as any to wrap up today's entry. Tomorrow will have a fair amount of things going on and it's past my bedtime already. Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment