I've probably written about this a time or two before, but micro-blogging seems like a good idea. If you look at my blog entries, there are spans of weeks and months without any entry. I know that there are amazing things that happen during those time spans, but for some reason or another, I don't write them down. A few of my friends from high school and college have blogs and some have blogs with elaborate entries (like a college friend who have a well-thought argument about overtime procedures at pro football games). Some other friends have their blog set up as a micro-blog, where an entry could consist of "It's looks like I'll have a research group!". Yes, I realize that if you went extreme with the micro-blog, you turn your blog into Twitter. I'm definitely not trying to go for that. I just want to blog when I feel and talk about complete random stuff rather than "here's 5 pages catching people up on my life over the past 2 months".
(It's kind of funny because I could end the entry here and have my first micro-blog be about micro-blogging.)
I was off today and spent too much time on the computer for my own good. A student's Facebook status alerted me to a silly Google thing. You probably already know that when typing in stuff for Google to search, Google tries to complete the phrase/word/etc. Well, if you type the word 'why', one of the first few auto-attempts is "Why can't I own a Canadian?", to which I responded, "that's a good question! Why can't I?". The computer of course didn't have voice-recognition software (and if it did, that'd be creepy) and I just clicked the phrase and it led me to a list of web pages, including a number of wall posts that were asking why the phrase "why can't I own a Canadian" was popping up on Google. Self-perpetuating, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Follow your bloggin' little heart, Matt! I find myself doing a bit of both...the longer posts where I talk about significant things, as well as a handful of "microblogs" here and there. I also do the occasional vlog...YOU SHOULD DO VLOGS!!! I wanna see yo FACE! :D
ReplyDelete