Friday, April 23, 2010

Ah! Weather!

Okay, I know what you are thinking: "You're living a new area two states south of your normal 'zone' and heck, you're even in Tornado Alley now!" to which I say... well yeah, I know, but still!

It's been quite nice although definitely on the warmer side. A few days, I was talking with some students about prom which turned into talking about flowers and I told them how I'm used to moving back to home in June which is the perfect time to see the lilacs bloom.

Today, as I was walking to go pick up a van, I walked by a long row of lilac bushes and, as you probably would have guessed, they were in bloom! Some were still budding, and some were a few days past their peak, but it was really weird to think that it's the end of April and the lilacs are blooming here. Of course, the smell of lilacs is one of the reasons I like them so much. Well, as I was walking by the line of bushes, I couldn't really smell them. It was kind of weird. There are a few reasons this could have happened, like the fact that I had just eaten or I was in a hurry or the wind was pushing smells from the alternative energy plant (where they turn recycled paper into wood chips and use those to heat/cool the campus). It was just different.

Okay, so I talked about flowers, and now I shall talk about MONSTER TRUCKS!... and punching dudes in the arm? Eh, whatever.

I'm heading out in an hour to take the Math League to Columbia for the state meet tomorrow. I'm excited and I hope the students do well! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment