new definition: nervous: performing "Wait Until Dark"
hello again. yeah DHM ended last Saturday (which seems like a really long time ago), and we open WUD tonight! If you're up for a play where people will probably be screaming, definitely find a way to come. The reason that I (and the rest of the technical staff) is nervous about it all is because we have *SPOILER ALERT... sorta* glass breaking, matches all over the place, people running around barefoot, doors breaking open, and knives being passed back and forth... all in the last scene... when it's pitch black for at 1/3 of the scene!
The first few shows will be nerve-wrecking (with all of that + audience), but whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger (adapt that to the stage of course).
Oh, and besides just telling you that the show opens tonight (and that you should go), here's another bit of show-related news:
"The other characters are Hendrixs husband, Sam, played by Nicholas Johnson, and two police officers, played by Matt DB and Aaron Jay. These are all professional actors from the Twin Cities."
This paragraph was taken directly from the Bemidji Pioneer... "professional actors from the Twin Cities"!! :-D Rah! Okay, I should close up the computer because over all of today, I have like four hours of personal time (not counting sleeping... if I get around to it). Sorry if I haven't been in contact much, but once this show starts up, things will get easier (especially since this has been dubbed the most challenging and technical play of the season) in terms of open time. Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to everyone later, take care and God bless.
--Officer DB :-)
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment