Sunday, June 11, 2006

let's see, is the PBP my third home away from home or the fourth?

Hello again. The past week until today has been pretty simple, with marching band for a few hours and other than that, working around the house. Today was my first day at the PBP.

Oh PBP... *heart* First off, Bemidji people should consider seeing Don't Hug Me because it's really funny, especially if you like the Garrison Keillor/'How to Talk Minnesotan' humor. I'll be working sound board for this show, which was pretty simple today, except that I'm a little anxious about working with a live mike during the show. However, I'm not going to let that stop me from doing the job. Oh, and today I met the stage manager and tech director (each are an equivalent of a boss) today. The stage manager seems really friendly, and I could hear her in the front row of the house laughing when I was in the back with the soundboard. (No offense Rachel. ) Yeah, it's a really fun show, and the cast has been performing together for 9 months or so (although today's practice didn't exactly prove that--in terms of lines, that is), so the rehearsals are basically so that Zach, Rachel and I can get used to the show, the prop/costume people can figure out what still needs to be made/found, and the cast gets used to the new stage.

Well, fortunately the rehearsal tomorrow starts at 2:30 (well, 2:15 for me, I need to make sure the soundboard is ready for cue-to-cue rehearsal), so I can sleep in. Let's see, I hope the marching band did well at their first parade today (it looks like I might be able to work with them again next week). Oh, I got Guitar Hero! It definitely rocks--anyone else own it that wants to go head on?

(Wow, after re-reading this entry, I just hope people understand my theatre jargon.)

Even though I can sleep in, I should head out so I can do stuff before rehearsal tomorrow, like stop by Dustin B's grad party. TTEL, take care and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment