Friday, May 26, 2006

X3 gala!

hello again... wow, this is the third time I've blogged in 5 days... can't you tell it's a lazy summer... week?

Last night, I went with JJ, Tibby, Mic and Silas to see X3! First off, I didn't think it would be such a social occassion. I got to see Bruns, Shuka, Squirrel, Dan B, John A, and Nea (oh, and I got to meet Nea's finacee--I think that's the right word).

Okay, I'm going to diverge my opinion on X3; I'll try to not have a lot of spoilers (especially with the main plot), but I will obviously be talking about the movie. In other words, if you don't want to see "spoilers", stop reading now! You've been warned.

Now then, X3... rather than just say it sucks or it's great, I was thinking about various good and bad things...

Good:
the sfx are awesome (as to be expected)
Beast, played by no other than Kelsey Grammar (Fraiser)
in one of the opening scenes, they have a giant sentinel from the comic books (I really like those cross-over elements)
"I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" (need I say more?)
best summer preview ever: Snakes on a Plane
I'd say they did a good job with the Jean Gray/Phoenix character and story

Bad:
no Nightcrawler
there were some times where I was like "you should have just kept your mouth shut" (like the President's "then God bless us")
(okay, it's a big spoiler) okay, Magneto got four "cure" darts... and then the last scene! what!?
the fact that the movie is called "The Last Stand", and a lot of main characters die (in one way or another), but the last scene (and the hidden scene after all the credits) make it open-ended again

With that being said, I think it was a good movie overall, but it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, and it feels so open-ended!

*pause* Hello again. Ooh, another fun thing about going to the midnight showing was that I got a X3 button because Mic knew one of the movie workers and he gave me one of the buttons.

Well, I should get going. Hopefully today I can finish someone's graduation gift and keep working on the big ol' room. See everyone later! ttyl, tc, and GB!

--Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment