I'll try to make this message short... so here goes. I visited my old high school today--practically one of my first times back in that building in the past year (and yes I mean year). The only other time I can think of is the VM dinner show and, well, that's the VM dinner show. I got to see some familiar students' faces (like Owen, Larissa, Emily W, JB Johnson, and Clem), an invite to Clem's and Owen's grad parties (and possible tickets from Emily), the new marching band uniform (jealous!), Wickum, Hill, and I got to have a really nice discussion with Mrs. Karger. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see Fettig (he was either hiding b/c of the VM callback postings or was busy as usual) or Hewitt, but I'm thinking of coming back again this week at the beginning of the day. Yeah, it was really nice to talk about practically everything college-wise with Mrs. Karger. Even though both Tess and I graduated, she was really inquisitive about my year. While visiting the school, I noticed a few things that had changed: new murals, different teachers, all the different faces, Mrs. Karger getting a haircut similar to my mother's current hairstyle... At the same time, I noticed how much had stayed the same, just as I had left it. It's funny, because in a way every class comes in, does their thing, and a fortunate few are remembered after they graduate. Fortunately, I'd like to think that I left a story or two behind my name in the music, math, and English/drama departments. Then again, having a Matt DB award in Vocalmotive helps too. :-P (Let the record show that Mikka created this award when I said I didn't deserve an award named after me.)
Well, I should try to be productive again tonight... or at least clear the stuff off my bed before I crash. Have a nice night everyone. Ttyl, take care and God bless. UMN ppl--I miss you already! Bji ppl--let's get together; my week is open! Everyone else--you know the drill. :-)
--Matt DB
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment