To start off this entry with a good note, this year has really started off well. Granted, it's not like I've won thousands of dollars or anything, but when I look over this week (well, okay, slightly longer than a week), things have gone pretty well. I guess the two big things over the past few days that I have seen that I could work on are patience in others and how I choose my priorities. Sure, things may take a long time (look at my hotmail inbox) and I just need to not get upset over it.
Switching it out of philosophy, my journey to North Dakota was a success (and I can't thank Erik and Megs enough). Okay, it wasn't the perfectly planned trip (like moneywise and multiple people pitching money in for gas rather than one person paying for it all... oh wait a minute), but hey, it's only money. I also am so glad that we didn't have any bad weather in either direction. It was kind of foggy this morning, but that's nothing compared to the predicted freezing rain. I'm so glad I could see Signe (friend from MusiCamp who we visited) and spend time with her. In case you were wondering, the four of us went bowling, ate at the famous Pizza Corner (hey, go figure), had rigourous card games (along with Signe's mother), and watched some movies. I don't care what people say: 40-Year Old Virgin... dumb.
After we left Valley City this midday, we got back in Bemidji with just enough time to drop off my stuff and head to church with Mum. After that, JJ and I went to TJuan's (kind of our place by habit) and caught up on each other lives... including what seemed like an hour about all aspects of relationships, but all in all, it was really fun.
There isn't much else to say. I have a crapload of FTNV/FVEM work to do tomorrow, but I'm starting to lag behind again on emails/cards to people, so I should work on that too. In either case, I need to work on setting my priorities aka kicking my butt back into gear. Like I told Charlie (a guy with the movie group at the U), Mike (my roommate/main proponent of the movie group) is setting the bar high so we don't feel satisfied with mediocre work this early on. Literal translation: I need to kick my butt into gear and make these scripts good. Well, I should journal (besides this) and then get some sleep. I actually was pretty awake today and yesterday despite all the travelling in cars... all thanks to Erik's engaging conversations, even if I was expecting interrogations.
Switching it out of philosophy, my journey to North Dakota was a success (and I can't thank Erik and Megs enough). Okay, it wasn't the perfectly planned trip (like moneywise and multiple people pitching money in for gas rather than one person paying for it all... oh wait a minute), but hey, it's only money. I also am so glad that we didn't have any bad weather in either direction. It was kind of foggy this morning, but that's nothing compared to the predicted freezing rain. I'm so glad I could see Signe (friend from MusiCamp who we visited) and spend time with her. In case you were wondering, the four of us went bowling, ate at the famous Pizza Corner (hey, go figure), had rigourous card games (along with Signe's mother), and watched some movies. I don't care what people say: 40-Year Old Virgin... dumb.
After we left Valley City this midday, we got back in Bemidji with just enough time to drop off my stuff and head to church with Mum. After that, JJ and I went to TJuan's (kind of our place by habit) and caught up on each other lives... including what seemed like an hour about all aspects of relationships, but all in all, it was really fun.
There isn't much else to say. I have a crapload of FTNV/FVEM work to do tomorrow, but I'm starting to lag behind again on emails/cards to people, so I should work on that too. In either case, I need to work on setting my priorities aka kicking my butt back into gear. Like I told Charlie (a guy with the movie group at the U), Mike (my roommate/main proponent of the movie group) is setting the bar high so we don't feel satisfied with mediocre work this early on. Literal translation: I need to kick my butt into gear and make these scripts good. Well, I should journal (besides this) and then get some sleep. I actually was pretty awake today and yesterday despite all the travelling in cars... all thanks to Erik's engaging conversations, even if I was expecting interrogations.

No comments:
Post a Comment