Friday, August 26, 2005

My 144... Minus about 100

In my "Into the Woods" blog entry, Curious_Blondie (I'm not exactly sure who this is... Jenny?) made a comment about my 144 saying that if I posted my ideas for my 144, people would have a better idea of what to suggest. So, here is no particular order is my incomplete 144 (which is more like a complete 40 or so):

-revisit St. Philip's Cathedral in Atlanta GA
-figure out the meaning of the Rose Window in aforementioned Atlanta cathedral
-go to all 50 states
-write a play/skit and have it performed
-go to a Waffle House
-go to the Globe Theater
-go to Belgium and find my family roots
-read the 100 best books of all time
-bike around Lake Bemidji
-read the entire Bible
-be in a charity bike race
-sleep (yes, sleep) on top of the world's biggest organism (and it's in WA... this I do know)
-find true love
-buy a dozen roses for Mum on Valentine's Day
-break a Nalgene bottle (Joe, you might have to help me on this one)
-make a work of art worth displaying
-make a working website (um, Mike? little help)
-go to the Vatican
-take a dance/yoga class
-go to a glacier
-be comfortable on my head (tripod, headstand, crow... for the work the crow takes, it's close enough!)
-go to daily mass for a week straight
-gamble and come out winning (and although I did get a winning ticket as a grad gift, I'd like to put my money on the line... I at least want to try)
-fence/sword fight (hmm... there's a SCA chapter just for UM-TC)
-learn to tie a tie (well, I've learned before, but I forgot--besides, I never got good at it)
-help build a house
-learn to swing dance
-be bilingual
-learn another instrument
-fall asleep on the beach
-learn to cook
-befriend someone I don't like
-compose a musical piece
-go to a casino (see? even if I don't win, I'm still winning)
-become independent from my parents (obviously, I have a ways, and several years of college, to go)
-do a heroic act
-see the Northern Lights
-go in every time zone
-have something of mine published
-watch a sunset with someone I love (hmm... I just got the thought to make that "watch a sunrise and sunset of the same day with someone I love")
-work for/in a film

Okay, so that's what I have so far, so as you can tell, I have a long way to go. Yeah, feel free to send me ideas/addresses of other people's lists/etc. TTEL, take care and God bless!

-Matt

P.S. I had my first peach at JJ's--in the form of ice cream. Cold Stone ice cream, as a matter of fact, and it was quite delicious! :-) Mmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment